Hipstamatic

One of my favourite Iphone apps of all time is the Hipstamatic. I had it long before Instagram came out. 

I like it for it's unpredictability. Sometimes the framing is nothing like you expect from how you set it up at the beginning of the shot. I like to put it on random as I have five or 6 different virtual lenses, then I get surprises! My favourite is the Roboto Glitter Lens but you can also change the flash and the film settings, so things never come out quite the same. It doesn't immediately show you your photo after you've taken it. Treat it like a film camera, snap away, then check the pictures after! Much more fun! 

Here are some that I've taken in the last couple of weeks. I've had some of my favourite subjects to shoot, so I hope you enjoy them! 

Get the app and have a go! Click on any images in my blog to make them bigger. 



Rathbone Place, London
Helga Viking Lens, Float Film, No Flash


Stanmore Hill, North West London, one of my favourite views ever. You can't see so well here, but on a clear day, you can see the BT tower, the wheel is to the right of it and the Shard on the left, now dominates above all of them! To the right, out of shot, is a very clear view of Wembley stadium. 
Buckhorst H1 Lens, Pistil Film, No Flash


Party Prep. 
Helga Viking Lens, Float Film, No Flash


A perfect night in alone. 
Kaimal Mark II Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash



Max in my bed. 
Kaimal Mark II Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash


Alex my dad's kitten. 
Jimmy Lens, Float Film, No flash



Buckhorst H1 Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash


Benji
Buckhorst H1 Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash


VW Bay window Bus
Buckhorst H1 Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash


VW Bay window Bus
Jimmy Lens, Pistil Film, No Flash


Bentley Priory Flowers
Kaimal Mark II Lens, Ina's 1969 Film, No Flash


Scooters
Jimmy Lens, Pistil Film, No Flash


My Dad's new scooter, in progress. 
Jimmy Lens, Pistil Film, Cadet Blue Gel Finish


Baby brother and Max rough and Tumbling on the floor
John S Lens, Kodot XGrizzled Film, No Flash


Pickles
John S Lens, Kodot XGrizzled Film, No Flash

Hope you enjoyed! I love photography, but I'm not that good at it, so this app makes me feel a bit special! 

Also, let me know what you think of my blog, I haven't had any comments yet! 

xxx





Comments

  1. these are pretty awesome shots! i have yet to download hipstamatic. i shoot with a lot of cameras from lomo and really do think sometimes the iphone produces even better photos than what i do with film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment. I love your blog! I really don't have anything on you! Thanks so much! My brother has a Diana which he has never ever used, and you blog has inspired me. I'm thinking of stealing it and having a go! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts