I've left again!

I came back tp London for 2 and a half months.

I came home for Christmas.



I had the most rigorous medical of my life, chest x-rays, blood samples, hearing and sight tests, you name it! I am healthy and New Zealand want me back.



I had New Years dressed as a bear, with lots of other animals looking out over fireworks London from the 13th floor.



I cooked.



I went to the Theatre a few times.


I drank and ate a lot.


I bonded with Max



I turned 30.


I'll be living and working in Wellington for the next year and a half. I'm supposed to finish here in 2014. I landed on my plane this morning.

It feels much less scary this time (although I'm ill and emotional anyway!). The first time round, I was terrified. I didn't know what to expect, and I was just a little bit in love with London and my circle of friends. I got there though, and then I found a new circle. All such amazing people, all so different, to each other and to any group of friends I've had before. 

Being out here changed me completely, I worked my butt off at something I realised I really do love doing, I did things I said I'd never do, I also did things I've never done before, and partook in some things I might never do again! Although, I've said that before! It took me all this time back home to realise all of this and I felt I needed to write it down, because I wonder when I'll next feel a massive tilt in my life like this again. 

I've learnt learnt three things. They might not apply to everyone, but so far they are working out for me, and I'd like to share them with my friends. 

Your friends you left at home are really important and you should always have faith that they will be there though anything. You doubt them sometimes because you've changed and feel different and are just so far away, but you are friends for a reason. It was meant to be. 

You should take every opportunity that comes your way. Grab it with open arms, even if it means leaving everything you love for a while. There is so much more love to be found.

You can't run away from your problems, but you can concentrate your energies into something positive for yourself, heartaches will fade, and new happy times will come along. 

Goodbye for now London, and all of my beautiful friends, I won't be long and I promise I'll be back soon. See you on the other side! 



“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”

Bob Marley

Kia Ora Wellington! This was the lunch view I had just an hour after I landed. Beats London cold weather right now! 



XXX



Comments

Popular Posts