Whipsnade Zoo

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Last week Ali and Kathryn had the day off work. We wanted to go to London Zoo but I had heard a lot of the animals had gone to Whipsnade to larger and happier enclosures, trip advisor confirmed this for us.

It was a beautiful sunny day, much like the ones we've been having in the UK recently, so we put the top down on the car, turned the music up and drove up the M1. We took a google maps adventure through some winding country lanes into little villages. For anyone who doesn't know what a "Google maps adventure is" it's when you know there is a more direct route to where you are going because there are big clear signs, but you let the google lady take you another route, just for fun or a potential adventure, because it's usually only a few minutes, and if you have time, why not?! We went through some gorgeous little villages past cute country pubs and churches and the sun was shining. It was great!

Whipsnade was so quiet when we got there, it was a Monday and it wasn't school holidays. Such a perfect day to visit with the sunshine and people picnicking. I wasn't going to make it a blog post, but I took some lovely photos on my phone so I thought I'd put them up.

If you get a chance to go this summer, do it! Take a picnic and make a day of it.


 This is the awesome view from the top of the park near the penguins. There is just so much space, it's very peaceful and lovely to see the animals happy and well cared for. Look at the poppies in the field below, I wish I'd had my good camera with me.

Happy Elks! Had to pose! :)


 I've never been this close to Lions before. They were sunbathing right by the glass.






 This little elephant was one of our favourites. He kept crawling under the legs of the other ones, causing mischief!


It was such a brilliant day out. If you have too much holiday at work right now, do it before the school holidays start, take a day off and treat yourself! And if you have children, take them over the summer, it's worth the money and will tire them out walking all over the place. We had such a lovely day and were talking about the animals all evening!

XXX

Comments

Popular Posts